Aerospace Strategy Workshop - Shaping Aerospace in North Region
Viewed 844 times.
By Wg Cdr M Brayford
The Region is developing an Aerospace strategy that incorporates as many elements as possible of the current ACO Syllabus, as well as any other relevant elements, to support and /or deliver practical, challenging, meaningful and fun activities for all those involved.
As always nothing can happen without the enthusiasm and focus of the volunteer so we are looking for as many CFAV and Senior cadets to join us for a 1 day workshop to explore ideas and hopefully pull together a plan!
Some of the aspirations we have:
- Develop a Region Aerospace team
- Provide more support for Squadrons and Wings on the use/access to Flight Synthetic training.
- Regional Aerospace Competition
- Introduce Aerospace focussed camps/activities
- Development of the AOAC (Air Operations Acquaintance Centre) and RAC (Regional Activity Centre) to offer more
- Develop model aircraft flying
- Rocketry and Drones projects
- Promotion of STEM
- Deliver relationships with industry to help promote Aerospace and STEM
If you are able to come along on the 12th February please email your name and Sqn to Wing Commander Mark Brayford RAFVR(T), Regional Gliding Officer, North Region (go.north AT aircadets.org), and copy your WGLO in.
Further details have been sent out to all squadrons, including the location and timings of the meeting, so please ask at your Squadron if you require these details.
Aviation is the practical aspect or art of aeronautics, being the design, development, production, operation and use of aircraft, especially heavier than air aircraft.
Aerospace is the human effort in science, engineering and business to fly in the atmosphere of Earth and surrounding space. Aerospace organizations research, design, manufacture, operate, or maintain aircraft and/or spacecraft. Aerospace activity is very diverse, with a multitude of commercial, industrial and military applications